General

1. XLR XLR XLR

3.5mm jack doesn't jive with xlr-based audio interfaces. We need an XLR option on this thing.

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    started  ·  7 comments  ·  Mic features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make the mic wireless

This would allow it to connect via USB / Blue tooth and when you are done with your gaming session you detach it from the headset and just rest it in the recharge case.

Would sell a ton as mainly, bluetooth has a good enough frequency and then for the mic it eliminates the extra wire. Some people have the mic cable under a computer desk and the headphone jack on the speaker. all around easier time.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mic features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

(pasted from other wireless suggestions) This is more or less “planned.” We would like to engineer a GOOD solution to this.
    The USB charger/driver seems likely. Magnetic/clasp charger-mic mating would be a cool feature, IMO. Would need to make this lightweight yet solid. We are starting down this road but cant commit anything yet as for dates etc.. Making it cheap enough yet with quality is the trick…

3. Braided cable

make a version of the mod mic with nylon braided cables, it would greatly increase the quality in terms of looks and feel (if not the actual cable quality), also great match with other high end peripherals

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mic features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Wireless version

A wireless version

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mic features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add mic-side clasp spare in accessories bundle!

Please add one spare mic attachment to the accessories bundle! (NOT THE BASE CLASP) For when the mic-side magnet falls out of its socket.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Detachable Cable + adapter cable

The only issue with your attachable microphone is the added cable. Having two cables dangling off of your headphones is just messy and a pain in the behind!

My Suggestion!
    First, make the cable detachable using a standard 3.5mm jack that will also carry stereo audio, left, right and mic like in most cell phones. (TRRS).
    Second, build and sell very short adapter cable for the most common headphone connections, 3.5mm, 2.5mm and mini XLR to connect the headphone to the microphone, and therefore only having to deal with one cable hanging off of the headphone/microphone.

Sure this would only…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Mic features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make a one cable solution

The two cable solution has been off putting to me, so i have a normal gaming headset. However, with all of these headphones with detachable cables, why not make the mod mic a pass through, so the sound passes through it it one cable to the end into 2 3.5mm jacks (or one 4 tab jack maybe) so that all the headphones with a detachable cable, only need one cable for the mic and audio.

Headset>mod mic>one cable>2 3.5mm jacks

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Broadcast quality / professional version

I would really like to see a broadcast / professional grade version of Modmic in the future. Something like Sennheiser HMD 26-II, only in modmic form, not with the flat response headphones attached to it.

It could come with a XLR-plug or with an in-line USB phantom power amp / connector.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  0 comments  ·  Mic features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add more teeth to the clasp

This would allow for a more forgiving installation and less bending of the boom to get the mic tip where you want it.
    (I'm pretty against this idea, I think the clasp is mechanically strong and that 90-degree increments remove the need to tweak the mic's placement on the clasp, e.g. with more teeth one may slap the mic on the clasp only to have it up by your nose/eyes when really need it down at your mouth)
    Removing a tooth from the clasp is also a decent idea to make the increments 120-degrees rather than 90.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make Wireless

Hey, I love your product, it is great, but I think you should make the option to have a USB plug in so it is wireless. You could plug the USB into the computer then, just like a wireless mouse it would work without the wire!!!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. White microphone + clasp variation

Is it possible to make a white version of the mic and clasp?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Modmic needs XLR

XLR or go home

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. ModMic for IEMs

ModMic with headband or ear wire for use with IEMs that have nowhere to attach the modmic.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Whireless modmic

Whireless please usb powerbank to modmic

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Replacement Parts

Replacement attachment parts for the modmic 4 you only have one half of the attachment parts available

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. To add some international partners.

You should add an international partner from Turkey. This would be good for all of us because you can beleive me , there are lots of people that they interested in streaming and gaming. On this way you will be getting much more money and there is not going to be any problem about purchasing. I didn't see anyone in Turkey who use modmic. But if we could buy this easily, trust me there is going to be lots of modmic users.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. One cable dual solution

One cable solution: short cable with jack to drop from end of mic boom and plug into ear cup socket.

For headphones without removable cables you could offer a cable tidy solution such as clips to wind around ear cup or small pouch to clip to lapel. This could include a 3.5 mm male to female adapter thus making the above one cable solution compatible.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Email Support

Where is your email for warranty returns?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Redesign the cable + wire management.

So first off, I have 0 complaints about this thing, it's amazing all around. Simple, effective and built really well!

My only thing I would do, is redo the cable sheathing. It's hard and plasticy and doesn't really match the quality the rest of the unit has.

With it being so hard it doesn't like to take shape naturally other than being forced, it feels cheap.

Take the cable on Sennheiser HD 598 (and others), it's got more..rubber feel to it so when you need it to do something it does just that and doesn't need to be manipulated with…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback, Spykez-
    We also liked the supple sheathing/cable more than the hard(er) cable but we found that the hard cable gave the mic a much more durable quality. With the supple cable it would also longitudinally stretch quite a bit with force, causing issues. There are a few ways to get back to the supple cable and we’re working on them!
    Cheers,
    J

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base