General

1. Detachable Cables

Ok, you will keep the Mod mic idea and fix the cable management problem. Now don't pic on my reference design here you go also took the pic from Mr Jak. Here is the Design http://bit.ly/15WfNqY

The point for mod mic to have detachable cable incase it breaks you will ahve a replacement for it like Mr Jak design

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Mic features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Redesign the cable + wire management.

So first off, I have 0 complaints about this thing, it's amazing all around. Simple, effective and built really well!

My only thing I would do, is redo the cable sheathing. It's hard and plasticy and doesn't really match the quality the rest of the unit has.

With it being so hard it doesn't like to take shape naturally other than being forced, it feels cheap.

Take the cable on Sennheiser HD 598 (and others), it's got more..rubber feel to it so when you need it to do something it does just that and doesn't need to be manipulated with…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mic features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback, Spykez-
    We also liked the supple sheathing/cable more than the hard(er) cable but we found that the hard cable gave the mic a much more durable quality. With the supple cable it would also longitudinally stretch quite a bit with force, causing issues. There are a few ways to get back to the supple cable and we’re working on them!
    Cheers,
    J

3. XLR XLR XLR

3.5mm jack doesn't jive with xlr-based audio interfaces. We need an XLR option on this thing.

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  7 comments  ·  Mic features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make the mic detachable and sell extra cables and extra mic "heads"

If I have two sets of headphones on different computers in different places, and I don't want to disconnect the cable every time, I just want to take the mic off the end and take it to the other computer and then put it on there, and then I don't have to buy two mic sets. I know this means that you won't make as much money but it would make people like me ugh more happy.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. White microphone + clasp variation

Is it possible to make a white version of the mic and clasp?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make the mic wireless

This would allow it to connect via USB / Blue tooth and when you are done with your gaming session you detach it from the headset and just rest it in the recharge case.

Would sell a ton as mainly, bluetooth has a good enough frequency and then for the mic it eliminates the extra wire. Some people have the mic cable under a computer desk and the headphone jack on the speaker. all around easier time.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

(pasted from other wireless suggestions) This is more or less “planned.” We would like to engineer a GOOD solution to this.
    The USB charger/driver seems likely. Magnetic/clasp charger-mic mating would be a cool feature, IMO. Would need to make this lightweight yet solid. We are starting down this road but cant commit anything yet as for dates etc.. Making it cheap enough yet with quality is the trick…

7. Add more teeth to the clasp

This would allow for a more forgiving installation and less bending of the boom to get the mic tip where you want it.
    (I'm pretty against this idea, I think the clasp is mechanically strong and that 90-degree increments remove the need to tweak the mic's placement on the clasp, e.g. with more teeth one may slap the mic on the clasp only to have it up by your nose/eyes when really need it down at your mouth)
    Removing a tooth from the clasp is also a decent idea to make the increments 120-degrees rather than 90.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories